PODCAST

Social Media // For Church


Hi, my name is Jefferson and I am a student at London Metropolitan University. I will be making a couple of blogs where I go through all material and designs I create within the duration of the course. Here is a test blog where I explain some experience I have with Digital Media.

As you may or may not know, I volunteer at my local hispanic church in the area of Multimedia. Within this includes projection, video editing, graphic design, live streaming, camera operating and so much more. I am a part of a big team in which separates into each of these areas showing great productivity and effort given.

For a recent project that the church had come up with, we were told that we were going to have some Biblical Festivals for 3 weeks and we needed to prepare material, content, videos and much more. I was given the opportunity to create social media graphics which will be posted within the 3 weeks. This game me the chance to think big and express myself creatively.

These Biblical Festivals include: Rosh Hashanna, Yom Kippur and Sukkot. I do not believe it is necessary for me to explain each one of these, the main reason I put them on is to specify the fact that there were 3 festivals. 

Rosh Hashanna is a festival revolving around a Hebrew trumpet called the Shofar and it is to reference the coming of Jesus as a form of alarm. We try to remind ourselves of this every year so we do not forget at all the Jesus us coming once again. This is the reason why I created the below image, it references the Shofar, and it also references the Western Wall in Jerusalem as the background. 


Now the next one is Yom Kippur. If you noticed the text at the bottom it is in Spanish  it says translated into English "Day of Forgiveness" which in Hebrew is as you have guessed it "Yom Kippur". This is not the first draft of this design, the first attempt had a person praying to reference forgiveness, but then changes into an abstract image of Jesus which does look so much better if I do say so myself. Now the colour is a little different to the others, it's very easy to see. Blue. You may be wondering why we did this, and there is a special reason, when people look at the colour blue, they think of water or the ocean, which to some is relaxing, calming, refreshing. This is what you feel once you have fully figured out how to forgive, you are given clarity and become at peace with yourself. 


Now for the last one, Sukkot. For this one we wanted it to stand out more and make it more alive. If you can see, we still want to reference the background showing the Western Wall once again. The reason to why we want to keep this in all of the posts is because it is a big thing in the terms of forgiveness because in Israel, this wall is used for people to pray to because it is the remains of a tabernacle and is believed to still have the power of the Holy Spirit. 

Now that the cat's out of the bag, this festival is to do with tabernacles. In the bible, most of them were made using palm trees and much more. What we do here is we spend time together and even stay up the whole night together celebrating the coming of Jesus Christ, again it is a reminder.


All of the images shown were specifically made for social media, so it could be posted to Facebook, Instagram and even YouTube. Some more variations were made to fit the proportions of sizes of the posts, stories and even streams. For example a 9:16 was made for stories, 16:9 was made for Facebook and streams. The 1:1 proportion was made for Instagram.

I hope this was entertaining and informative for whomever reads this. This was fun to write and I am going to keep explaining more on what I am going to to doing or designing in the upcoming weeks at my University so stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts