PODCAST

PURE TRANSFORMATION // Animated GIF

Here is my project on my first ever attempt at an animated image. This is also called a Graphics Interchange Format (GIF for short) and in other words, it is an image that moves.

Now I will be explaining a little bit about what GIFs are. Places where you will be able to see or use GIFs the most are on blogs, social media, and instant messaging applications. The low file size makes it easier for use on mobiles because it does not take up a lot of space. The best use of GIFs is using it in marketing because customers relate and understand it better. Not just this, but they are very entertaining and fun to use, because it can portray more of a message or emotion better than emotes or messages.

What I am great at doing within Adobe Photoshop is making graphics and improving photography ready for them to be uploaded or used in any way possible. So for this being the first ever GIF that I have created, makes me so relieved that it went well. 

The idea of this GIF was to get an image from a Cover of an Music Album performed by Lil Uzi Vert which is called "Lil Uzi Vert vs. the World" and make my own representation. Every song thatis in this album is enjoyable to listen to and to which is the inspiration to this work of art. I do understand that I was meant to create something that sends a message but I thought that is would look much more creative for a portfolio and for this very blog. As you can see, I wanted people to see the step by step process and the changes that I had to do for this. 

Using the original as a template was very simple and straightforward right at the beginning because when starting from the bottom it is literally just tracing it but once I got to the hair, that is when it all got complicated. Most designs of this style all have flat hair and something covering the top of their head, so adding spiky hair was difficult because I had to trace an image from the internet to get the right style. The beard was totally a new thing for me because I didn't really knowhow to implement it due to the fact that there was no examples of people with beards, so I had to come up with an idea. If you look very closely, you can see small lines within the bears, to show the hairs, I used that as a template for the outline of the actual beard just to get an idea to how it wouldlook. The end result turned out so much better than I thought.

Now for the glasses, that was kind of simple; all I used was a template from another custom cover, traced around it then I got rid of that image. I developed the glasses outline making it slightly more bolder and then began adding the exact colours of my current glasses to the image. After adding thecolours, I saw that it was very plain, therefore a decision was made to search for a texture for the design of the glasses. After doing all this, I was still not satisfied with the outcome of the glasses because something was still missing for me. Then I did some research on YouTube on how to improve it and found that the best way to do that was to add reflections and shine on the 'glass' area. This made it 100 times better for me and left me completely happy with my work.

I could have left the work just like that, but me being so extra, I wanted a whole background theme so that it looks more aesthetically pleasing. Considering that I am a streamer on Twitch, I play a lot of Among Us for my viewers; therefore this was definitely the best theme I could have thought of doing because it is a game I am consecutively playing. One of the characters I added (the white Among Us Character with the suit) is my go-to style when playing, so that was a must have for my image. Other elements were the starry background, the Skeld spaceship, the flying character, dead body, ghost and the baby. At first I though that it was going to be too much, but then it seemed to work out for the better.

That is the main explanations to all sections in the GIF, hopefully the experience in watching this was great. I will be utilising this feature on a whole lot on Adobe Photoshop and hopefully making better Animated Images.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"Gandhi
Week 8 (ANIMATED GIFS).pdf

Comments

Popular Posts